Community organizers are widely known as an irresponsible lot who sit on their lazy behinds all day long and pretend they're actually doing something. Yes, even the ones helping to 'organize' the civil rights movement, women's suffrage, labor rights, the 40-hour workweek, etc., etc. For these selfish, irresponsible blights on society, it's all about the glory and the dollars. In fact, Barack Obama (as a 23 year-old graduate of Columbia University who could have gotten a job on Wall Street) got paid a whopping $10,000 dollars for his work as a community organizer. His non-responsibilities as Director of the Developing Communities Project on the South Side of Chicago included:
- Setting up a job training program to get people off welfare and back to work (you see, most had gotten laid off from the local steel mill when the jobs got sent overseas -those pesky corporate loophole taxes)
- Establishing a college preparatory tutoring program
- Creating a grassroots tenants' rights organization in the city's poorest project, Altgeld Gardens, which was able to successfully petition the city to remove deadly asbestos from their buildings
- Growing his staff from 1 to 13
- Managing a budget of nearly half a million dollars (up from the $70,000 budget when he took the job)
What a loser that guy is! Pretending like he did anything to help one of the poorest, neglected communities in the country.
So let that be a lesson to all of you would-be, do-gooder community organizers out there - don't even bother. If (God forbid) McCain wins, he and Sarah will bulldoze over all the poor communities anyway so they can build an oil pipeline right back to the ANWR wildlife refuge in Alaska.
P.S. - Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies!