Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So what exactly does the Mayor of Wasilla do?

Finally, the moment arrived after about 20 minutes of ranting. Sarah Palin was going to share with us her qualifications for the second highest office in the country. And here's what she said:

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves."

Terrific, yes, do tell us - what does the job involve? Hello, Sarah? Saaa-rrrah? You were going to tell us what the job involves, remember? We're waiting....and waiting...Instead you said this:

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.
We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.
As for my running mate, you can be certain that wherever he goes, and whoever is listening, John McCain is the same man. I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment."

Sadly, we never actually heard what the job as Mayor of Wasilla involves, we just heard a bunch of BS instead. And her ridiculous diatribe was so loaded with ammunition, it will take several posts to deconstruct so read on (unless, speaking of ammunition, her pals in the NRA get to me first)...


Digg!

No comments: